Monday, May 22, 2006
The Queen of DENIAL!
Well, here it is. May 22nd. Just a few weeks away from Aralyn's June 5th birthday. What have I done to plan. Well, let's see....she has a appointment to get her pictures taken, and ....and....

Well, so what! right? Well, I don't have her cake planned, or the things I need to make it bought. I don't have a present for her...not even a good idea of what I want to get her. I don't have anything done for it. When asked how old she is I say "11 months" and silently add..."and holding". With Aidan and Alora I was much more on top of things. I had the cake planned and ready to be made and presents bought and a party planned and all that birthday stuff. This time, we aren't doing a "party" with tons of friends and family as it is a really busy time of year and most of my family won't beable to make it for other obligations, so I just thought it would be best to have a small intimate gathering and do some cupcakes at playgroup. But here we are just a few weeks away and I haven't even planned that much!

If you don't have the party and you don't have a present, then they really haven't turned one, right? RIGHT?


2 Comments:

Blogger Jacinda said...

Wrong!

Blogger Rachel said...

It's so amazing to watch our little ones grow up and at the same time so bittersweet. And you can't possibly be worse than me. I usually take the birthday child to the store to pick out their cake a few short hours before the guests are due to arrive.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer