Monday, March 12, 2007
Four!
Four is just one of those special numbers.

A car needs four wheels...just won't go with any less.

A table needs four legs...or at least 3, but usually they have four.

Four quarters make a dollar.

Four quarts make a gallon.

Four kids in our family! Yup! That's right!

We are going to have another baby. I am excited, a bit overwhelmed and nervous.

I am somewhat dreading the looks that I will be receiving as a start to show and am out and about with three other children. Homeschooling Aidan means that I mostly go everywhere with all my children and I already get comments about how full my hands are, as if I wasn't quite aware until the kind gentleman at the post office or the elderly lady at the bank mentioned it to me. " Oh, really, I have 3 children and am very busy keeping them all quiet at the library and making sure they all get buckled up properly after a 2 hour joy ride of grocery shopping at Wal-mart? Thanks for letting me know...I will have to keep that in mind when I start to waddle in my 8th month of pregnancy." Sometimes people are just a bit rude with what they choose to say. And, sometimes, I am just a bit sensitive to it and must vent.

I am looking forward to seeing this new little baby and all that entails. I am excited to see if Aidan will be getting the brother that he so desperately wants. I am looking forward to seeing how Alora, my highly spirited child will mother this new little one. This child was definitely born to mother and this will be a great opportunity to see her little talents bud and her love expressed the best way she knows how. And Aralyn....well, I am just hoping that she adjusts well and isn't too jealous of loosing her "baby" position. I have a feeling she and Aidan will grow closer after the baby comes and I do look forward to seeing him take her under his wings and help her grow up into the toddler that she is becoming.

We have told our parents and many of our friends, so I guess the time is right to have it here on the net. I am due at the end of September, so Aidan and Adam will have someone else to join them in their birthday month. It should be a busy month.


1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, with four the unwanted comments just seem to increase, as do the disdainful looks. Best to just smile pleasantly and let it roll right off. ^_~

Let me know if you need anything. Also, let's get together sometime so the kids can play.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer