Thursday, March 15, 2007
Wheels
This week we have had our fill of wheels...or tires. Saturday we had plans to get the kids fed and to bed really early to help with the time change. Well, no such luck there...one thing and another....and another and we ended up getting in bed way too late to compensate for the loss of an hour of sleep. Oh well, the best laid plans, or something like that.

Adam left work that day to find that he had a flat tire on the van that he has been borrowing from his father. Looks like some punk (for lack of anything else that fits that is child friendly) stuck a knife in his tire. A clean, straight puncture right on the sidewall. Nice! I went up to the office to take him the compressor to him and after trying for a while to blow it up I found the hole. We changed the tire and got him rolling again. Yay for us!

So, when we went to get the tire fixed at the tire place we also had the guy look at one of the Ody's tires since it has had a bit of a slow leak for a while. He found a nail and patched the hole...and said "I can guarantee the patch". Well, about 10 miles from the house on the way to playgroup this morning, I realized that we were going to have to take him up on that guarantee. After realizing that the tire was flat, I called Adam to let him know. He asked if I needed him to come and help me, but other than the fact that he could probably do it faster than me, I really didn't think that I would need him. I am glad that he came to my rescue anyway. I have never changed the tire in the van, but thought, how hard could it be? Well, not too hard if you can figure out how to get the jack out of its little hole. And, I would have never been able to loosen the nuts either, Adam even had to jam his foot down on the wrench to get them loose. They were super tight. So, less than an hour after being stranded on the side of the road, we were headed back to the tire place to let them patch (with an interior patch) the hole again and fix the tire again. Such a pain.

We missed out on playgroup and that makes us all really sad...it will also make the rest of the week last even longer and Thursday of next week will seem like a age until it arrives.

But, at least we shouldn't have to deal with any more tire problems for a while...at least I sure hope not! I think that is my fair share for a week.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer