Thursday, August 04, 2005
Back on the Home Front
What a series of days we have had.

Starting last Monday...

We were at the in-laws house. My niece(9) and nephew(5) were down visiting the grands and so I had taken the kids over to their house so that all the cousins could get some play time in. Adam was at work and my father-in-law had run some errands in a neighboring town. My mother-in-law was outside watching the older kids play while I was indoors listening for Alora to wake from her nap and nursing Aralyn. With the slip n' slide, sand and water table, sand box, teeter totter, wading pool, sprinkler, hula hoops, inflatable climing gym/bouncer, and ring toss game my mother-in-law wasn't sure that the kids had enough to play with, so she was out gathering up some balls for them to play with too. Somehow, she thinks by tripping on one of the said balls, she fell and landed on her arm. She, being the kind of woman that she is, doesn't send a kid in for me. When she finally is able to get up and come inside, I could tell she was hurt. So, I think to myself...how am I going to beable to wake up the napping children and gather up the wet ones and take them all to the hospital where I will have to occupy the 5 children on my own while my mother-in-law gets her arm mended?! Well, I didn't have to worry about it, cause my mother-in-law (being the woman she is) refused to go to the hospital that day...she said she didn't think it was broken and just thought it was strained or sprained and would wait until morning to see how it felt. My mother-in-law is sweet and spirited and loving...and just a bit stubborn.

Tuesday...

Mother-in-law goes to doctor, goes to hospital for x-ray, back to doctor...and finds out she broke not one, but both bones in her lower arm. So, now she will have a cast for about 6 weeks. Hopefully it will heal properly and not cause her much more pain.

That night Adam and I and the kids were all over at the in-laws for dinner. The kids (all 4 of them) were playing in the den. I have always said since before she could walk that Alora would be the first child to have us rushing to the hospital. She decided that she would prove me right!

She was practicing her balance by standing on the inside arms of 2 recliners that are about 18" apart. Her legs are just long enough to stretch between them. Somehow she fell and landed on her face. We thought that since she wasn't bleeding, that she was un-hurt. That is, until we saw the huge knot/goose egg/pump knot (all depends on which family member you have naming it) on her forehead. It was what I describe as grade A large...just the same size and shape of an egg! She was very drowsy right afterward, so we rushed off to the local ER. She was perfectly fine, but it was so nice to have her checked and calm our anxieties.

Wednesday...

The kids and I headed out on a 4 hour trip to see my parents. Aralyn did great on the trip and slept most of the way, so I made good time and we got there in as unfrazzled a state as a mom with 3 kids by herself can be in.

Thursday and Friday...

Full of shopping and visiting and resting and all the fun things you do when you go to visit your parents. We did get to go to my grandparents' lake house that they just built. It is lovely, but so far from being unpacked. We went swimming in the lake, but didn't have a boat there, so we didn't do much. Next time the boats should be there, so we might get to ski!


Saturday...

Family reunion day! We got to see my great grandmother...the kids great great! It was some fun family time.

Sunday...

Early morning to get up and head home to be at a birthday party for Aidan. We made it home, with a cracked windshield from a rock that flew out from behind a truck. Thankfully that should be fixed tom. morning. The party was great! I will post about it later with some pictures! Such a sweet time.

It was a long few days, full of just about all the emotions that I have! Hopefully life can get back to normal and I can get this house cleaned up from every thing that I brought home from my mom's house! Funny how I always come back with more than I had when I started.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer