Saturday, October 15, 2005
Cool and Dry
Well, it wasn't a $10 part that was broken this time. It was the compresser. Every time I told that to some one who knows anything about air conditioners, I got either a look of pity or they kind of sucked in their breath. The service guy who told me what it was acted like he would cry when he told me what was wrong with it.

Instead of a cheap/easy fix it was either replace the compressor for about $1000, or get a whole new unit for about $1400. We opted for the new unit, since we could get a bit better unit and a 5 year warrenty instead of just a new part for the old unit with just a 1 year warrenty on just that part.

After a few days with no air conditioning and all the windows open in SC is a recipe for a damp house! Having it rain 2 of the 3 days without air wasn't a help either. Fans in all the windows and such high humidity was getting really old. It wasn't all that hot, which was nice, but just having the air conditioning working again was so nice. Things started to dry out immediately. The only thing now is that some tiny little bugs that fly are in our house. They are smaller than the holes in the screens on the windows, so I guess that is how they got in. They are driving me nuts, cause I don't really know how to get rid of them. But, I guess that since they don't bite or anything, it isn't that big of a deal.


2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I'll bet you didn't need the air conditioner on last night. We had some of the windows open and I just about froze to death when I got up this morning.

Sorry for the loss of your air conditioner, but at least now you've got a better one.

Blogger Alissa said...

Yeah, this morning it is quite cool in the house, my toes are cold anyway. Aidan is wrapped in a throw on the couch...brrr!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer