Monday, November 21, 2005
It's that time of year again....
The time of year when I envy all of my friends with their Christmas shopping finished. This year I am even adding to the envy list all of my friends that have a Christmas list. I have barely started any shopping and have no idea how I will finish in just the month that I have left. It is terrible this year. Some years I at least have ideas of what I might want to get for my own children, but this year, alas (don't you just love to use that word?), I have no ideas.

The struggle comes because my children don't need a thing. They have more toys than they can play with and really, my house doesn't need any more. Especially with us looking at a move soon, I would hate to have to box up all their new Christmas toys until we are in a place where we can get them out again. I am already looking forward to a move, just so that I can purge the toy boxes from broken, missing-pieced toys that just can't be thrown away under the supervision of a 5 year old pack rat.

I just want a few special things under the tree on Christmas morning...we can make up the slack with clothing or on their birthdays this coming year. Books are always a good thing, but other than that I don't really have any ideas.

Aralyn is really the easiest, as she doesn't care and baby toys are so easy. I have thought of making Aralyn a cute, little rag doll and then getting her a Bitty Baby for her birthday, but none of that is written in stone.
Alora is getting a Cabbage Patch baby, but that is the only thing I can think of for her...and really have NO other ideas that aren't dolls. She really loves dolls, but doesn't really need more than one more, if that even, and I doubt that she wants a whole herd of them under the Christmas tree. Maybe some doll related accessories would be good...she is always needing another bottle of milk for some doll or pony.


Aidan, who is old enough to know what he wants and let me know, just tells me what Alora or Aralyn might like, or drools over the $300 power wheels (even though he has a much older, handed down version already). Maybe a few more trips to the store and down the toy aisle will yield more in the way of gift ideas for the older kids.

Everyone else on the list is pretty easy this year, even though in years past they are the problem. Hopefully I will have a great idea surge and finish up the list so that I can get to shopping...afterall, all the good sales will be happening soon.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer