Friday, March 16, 2007
No plans...
We were supposed to head up to my parents' house this weekend. Plans...just like I mentioned a few posts back, are never written in stone around here. It looks like we will be spending the weekend here in town thanks to the weather and some work related issues and health related issues. Just one too many issues to work through on such short notice.

So, here we sit at home with no real plans. Hmm, maybe if it rains we could head up to the children's museum in Columbia?

We went bike riding the other night. It is really fun now that Aidan can keep up with us---we actually have a bit of a time keeping up with him sometimes. It was a great night for it and we went a few miles I think...hard to tell since we went down a road that we normally don't drive since it is fairly quiet. The girls did really well in the trailer, and I thought that I did pretty good hauling them most of the way. I did trade bikes with Adam on the way back, as we got to a slight incline and my calves, just didn't want to go any more. I then raced Aidan back to the house, so I don't know that it did me any good to switch with Adam. I am hoping that now that the weather is turning nicer and warmer, that we can go for more rides as a family and that the kids and I can venture out on our own too during the day. Aidan held up well, so I think he might could even handle riding down to a neighborhood park and playing there for a bit some days. We will have to make sure of the mileage and make sure that I can handle it too!

Alora is anxiously awaiting her birthday. She has an odd list of things that she has asked to receive. I think that most of it will be covered by us, or my mom, but there are a few things that I am not sure about....like the "bad princess". I guess we are going to have to grill her and see if we can't get a bit more description than that.

Aidan is doing really well with our 1st grade schooling. He is really smart and speeds through lots of it but gets a bit discouraged with things that he has to slow down to do. 2 or 3 math problems are fine, but hand him a page of them...even if they are all really simple and he usually frowns and mutters. I have been trying to make it more fun for him. I think maybe we should get a kid friendly timer and then he can time himself to see if he gets faster at such things. I don't have many other ideas.

Aralyn is starting to draw really well. She can make a simple little smiley face. Unfortunately, all the ones she draws on paper she usually draws over later, and the ones that she draws with a doodle pad, she ends up erasing before I can get a picture of them. I will try to catch one sometime soon. They are really amazing to me...since they are almost as good as Alora's. My girls are certainly not equals in their drawing abilities.

Our other little baby is growing...I guess. I don't really think that I am showing yet, although some might disagree. Being a little bigger than I would like (read overweight a bit) before getting pregnant, may help me to "hide" this little baby for a bit longer than I was able with the girls. I don't think it will be nearly 6 months like with Aidan, but he was a first. I think it will be more real to the kids when I am showing and the baby is moving enough for them to feel from the outside. I think they will all get a "kick" out of it. (I know: way, way corny)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer