Thursday, September 20, 2007
SEVEN!
Happy Birthday, Aidan! He was able to pick out a new Star Wars toy for his birthday and it is his favorite toy right now. I think that it has spurred a new love of Legos! He is really into them and has dragged out a large bin of them that we have had for a while. They were handed down to us and he really wasn't all that interested in them until after his Star Wars toy. He will go off into his room for a while and come back with "ships" and things that he has built. He will tell me that he has either an even number or odd number of ships, depending on how many he has made. It is so fun to watch him explore in this new building. It was a great present!

We had our time off during his birthday and I didn't have access to my cake making stuff. I had to improvise at the last minute to make his cake. I was able to make a batman cake with some decorations that I was able to purchase in the bakery at the local grocery store. It turned out OK, not what I would have done if I had had the time and supplies to do it right, but then I wasn't sure that I would be able to find any ideas for a Batman cake like he requested since this isn't a "Batman is the big thing" time. I only had luck finding things for Spiderman and Spongebob.

He told me after his cake was made...."Momma, even if I didn't have my new Star Wars toy or my other presents, (which were still wrapped and he had no idea what they were) I would think that my cake was enough present for me. Just my cake is enough for my birthday!" I was so touched, since I was already worried and disappointed in his cake. He was so loving and sincere. I hugged him and asked, "Do you know how sweet you are?" to which he replied, "No." And I think he was being quite honest. I was so proud of him for thinking that, knowing how much he loved his new toy and knowing that he was really excited about his other presents. It was very sweet! And sort of sad, that he has gotten to the maturity level that he would say, and mean, that sort of thing.

Happy 7th, Aidan! I sure do love you! You make me proud to be a Momma and thankful for my sweet, first baby!



1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Happy Birthday to Aidan! He is growing up so fast. And he sounds like a real sweetiepie ;)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer