Monday, June 25, 2007
For Sale!
Our house has a nifty for sale sign out by the road. Any takers?

We are praying for the right couple/person to come along and love our house and want it and have the money/funds to get it. We have one prospective buyer already, and he is excluded from the realtor, so if he buys it we don't have to pay any commissions and all that jazz...so that would be more than cool if that would happen. We have signed a 3 month contract with the Realtor and hopefully we can sell it before we have to make our August payment...that would be such a blessing. I have also added some unknown people to my prayer list. There is a house in town that is comparable to our home of which the owner is asking a good bit more than our house is listed at....so if it sells...and soon, then we could go up on our price, or at least be a lot better off...we want that house to sell before ours gets appraised at any rate.

We have a garage sale planned. It is going to be in the next town over at a friend's house. Having one where we live would be pointless, unless the deer and rabbits are really needing some baby toys and plates. Hopefully that will be a profitable endeavor. Every little bit helps.

We have so many things that we need to get done before we move. Lots of cleaning, on top of the packing, some fixing and that sort of thing. I am hoping that we can get it all done in time for some showings.

I have been reading a bit lately...which you may think is hard to do with so much packing and all. Late at night, too late at night most nights, I have been up reading some Dean Koontz: Odd Thomas and Forever Odd...both recommendations from my mother and both very good ones at that. I enjoyed them...they were definitely light enough to not be too scary for late night, and humorous enough to not be too weird for that late. However, I have had some weird dreams...not sure if it is related, but I am sure it doesn't help things. I also have just about finished Brain McLaren's A Generous Orthodoxy which was very thought provoking and has lead me to want to learn more about church history...not that the book was about church history, but I have always sort of had an interest and it somehow sparked that interest. Any good recommendations? I have no idea where to start.

I have also been listening to some sermons that Adam has been downloading for the last year or so. They are also very thought provoking and have probably been some of what has lead us to step off in faith and take the position at the children's home. It is all a bit scary and also a bit comforting to know that we are heading more in the direction that we feel God has been leading us toward. Most of our concerns and worries are things that are totally out of our control...like the selling of the house, so we just make ourselves busy with things we can control, like the packing and hope for the best....
well, that is the plan at least.


2 Comments:

Blogger Jacinda said...

You know you're going to be missed!

I'll keep you informed about plans for y'all to come over. With M being out of town and C having a migraine today I didn't get too far in hammering down their schedules, but I'll let you know what I find out in the next day or 2...or 3...or 4!

Blogger Rachel said...

Just thought I'd let you know that there's a consignment shop in Aiken called Kid2Kid, they give you cash up front for your baby/kid clothes/toys/etc. You would need an appointment, but you might get more money for some of your stuff that way.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer