Thursday, October 20, 2005
We're Moving...or at least that is what it looks like
Everything but the kitchen sink…wait a minute, that might come in handy too!

We are headed off to the family retreat with our church family.  It is always lots of fun, but so much to pack.  It is held at a camp (the cabin and mess hall type) and so you have to pack things you wouldn’t have to pack for other kinds of trips…towels, sheets and sleeping bags, pillows, that sort of thing.  Plus, we have an infant with us this year, so there are the diapers, extra outfits, burp cloths, all that baby gear.  

To take the portable swing or not?  That is the question.  Well, that is one of the questions…swing or exersaucer or neither?  Fever reducer…check.  Cough meds…check.  But, vitamins?  Or what about the thermometer?  Alora has been sick and I want to be prepared, but not go overboard.  

We also need to pack some board games, some snacks, a sippy cup or two, a few toys for the kids to play with, maybe a book or two to read before bed, a bible or 2 and a turkey baster.  Turkey baster was just to see if you were really paying attention; I really don’t think that we will need one this year.  

It was suggested that we pack the children’s Halloween costumes for a little carnival type thing that is planned for Saturday night, but I don’t know if the van will hold it all!  Plus, I haven’t really finished making Aidan’s costume.  Alora is going to be Dorothy, Aralyn is going to be a lion and Aidan is going to be a scarecrow….you know, Wizard of Oz.  I am sort of throwing Aidan’s outfit together with some things that I have around the house and a few things that I picked up in the craft section, but I haven’t worked on it cause I didn’t really think that I needed it until Halloween.  It will be good to have it ready though because I found out that the library’s storytime on Tuesday they are supposed to wear their costumes too…and I probably won’t have lots of time to work on it when we get back since there will be the van to unpack and tons of things to put away.  

I am excited…it is just a lot to make sure to get done before tomorrow.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer