Monday, January 09, 2006
Sunday
Sunday's are usually not my favorite day. I have a HARD time getting excited about worship time lately and while I know it is wrong on some points, it can't be helped much on others. It isn't that I am not excited about learning more about God and all, because, I do enjoy digging deeper into the Word and learning new things about my creator. I do enjoy hearing Adam's thoughts on things...when I get to hear them. It is just hard to know that I am going to have to miss most of worship in order to take care of my 3 children by myself as I don't want to disrupt any more than necessary. I also am starting to feel a bit burdensome as the same lady has been teaching my children's bible class for the entire time we have been attending in Bamberg. While I know she would love a break from it, I don't know that I want to be the one that takes over for her. And, yet, I know that I will...I just haven't gotten up the courage and the materials to do so yet. It will mean even more, that I will struggle with being excited to goto Bamberg, but it is something that I know needs to be done...and I can do it.

We just don't have much support. Adam's parents are about the only people we know who understand fully what we are going through and they are going through it with us, so it is hard to discuss sometimes. Others understand on a very primative level. It makes it really hard to answer questions about how things are going. What are people wanting to know? Do they want the truth, the whole truth? And if so, then why don't they come and find out?

Well, Sunday we had some people come and find out what our Sunday's are about. The Living Church in Williston came to visit with us. Not all of their members came, but 13 of them came! They more than doubled our class size (also adding some children to our children's bible class, which is SOOO nice for Aidan and Alora) and almost doubled our worship attendance (3 more of our regular members showed up for worship, so we outnumbered them by 2.) It was so nice to have someone come by and see what we are up to and how things are going and let us know that we are supported. It is nice for our regular members to see that others care that they are here and trying to do some good in a neighboring county.

Thanks to all of them for coming...it was nice to have you there, Rachel. Hopefully we will be in the position to return the favor soon.


2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

We enjoyed visiting with you as well. It would be nice if the smaller congregations around here could find a way combine. Then all the kids could be in class together and all the grownups could be in class together, etc.

I was very pleased with how well my kids behaved on Sunday. For the most part, our congregation is very laid back when it comes to the children. No one gets bent out of shape if a baby cries, or a toddler asks for a snack a little loudly. And Abigail often plays "musical laps" during worship, going from Mommy, to Grandma, to Aunt Sharon and so on. But that's one of the things that I love about our church family; it really does feel like a family, even if it is a little on the small side. Then again, perhaps that's why it feels so cozy.

You guys are always welcome to come visit some Sunday, we'd love to have you! And Benjamin keeps asking me when Aidan can come over and play ^_~

Blogger Anne said...

Oh, you are not the only one who struggles with Sundays! My husband is lucky to have maybe one off per month and sometimes will have to work several Sundays in a row. Ugh! Now with three kids it's just really hard for me to take them myself. My DD (age 5) has some health and behavioral issues that make sitting quietly for 1 1/2 hours pretty impossible. Our church has no children's church for either my 5-yr.-old or 2-yr.-old.

Did you address most of the challenges you are facing in this post? I'd be glad to hear more and commisserate with you! :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer