Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Just some things
*Adam's company dinner was last night. We had it at a Japanese steak house, always my favorite place to eat! Yum. Dinner was good and conversations were good too. It is nice to spend time with these guys and their wives in a non-work related manner.

*My Nana's surgery went well. They were able to get all of the cancer and do a biopsy on the right side. She was able to go home on Sat. and will be recovering there. The biopsy on the other breast came back clear, so as of right now she is cancer free. I still don't know if they have decided on any kind of chemo or radiation or anything like that. Thanks be to God for being with her at this time.

*Christmas started a few days ago. We were at Wal-mart getting a few groceries and Santa was there. He was with the Coke products...I think they may pay his paycheck, but I am not sure. LOL He was really just a Santa's helper, as his beard wasn't even real. But, the kids saw him and wanted to look at him from a distance. I was finally able to talk Aidan into going over to him, but he didn't want to touch him or sit on his lap or anything like that. He whispered in his ear what he wanted for Christmas and Santa gave him a red kazoo with "Coke" spelled out on it. Funny part is that just this past week we had to throw our other kazoo away because Aidan or Alora broke the little piece of wax paper in it. Apparently Santa knew that we needed a new one! And now we have 2, since Alora told Santa that she wanted a baby doll and he handed her one too!

*We got a Christmas package from my aunt and uncle in Oregon yesterday! I love getting packages and love that they think of us at this time of year. The kids got an Elefun game. They love it! Aidan was so excited when he saw what was in the package...he just couldn't wait to put batteries in and get it started.

*I finally got my mother's bracelet back. It had to be re-done to add Aralyn's name. When it was sent back it was too long and there were a couple things that I wanted to change about it. It was in the mail yesterday and I love it! It is lovely! I am so glad that I changed it and of course I am glad to have my daily jewelry article back. It and my wedding ring are just about the only things I wear, with the occasional necklace.

*Tonight we have another Christmas get together. It should be fun and festive! I love the holidays.

*I think we are going to go to town this afternoon and get some little gifts for the kids' little Christmas party that they are having next Monday. Hopefully we can find something cute that is in the $5 budget! Aidan is so excited....he just loves to buy presents!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer