Thursday, December 08, 2005
From the mouths of my babes PART 1
I only say part 1 because if you have children, you know that each day is full of the potential to have you shooting your drink across the room after the latest thing that your children might say.

*Alora was sitting on the floor the other day playing. It was tight quarters and I was walking past her with a basket of laundry. I nudged her over with my foot to avoid stepping on her...not mean or even hard, just a soft nudge to let her know to move a bit and let me past. She looks up at me with those big blue eyes of hers and a very serious voice and says, "Don't move me like that, I am not a football."

*Almost every night Aidan wants to have a conversation with Adam or me. It is usually some deep conversation full of questions that we don't even know the answer to. I am sure that when he asks about sex or drugs or divorce or some other deep/complicated/tough topic it will be right before we kiss him good night and turn out the light.

So most nights, one of the last things we tell him is, "Aidan, we can talk about that tomorrow." Then of course it is followed by, "I love you, good night!"

Aidan is afraid of the dark. He has been for a while and we just keep reminding him that there isn't anything to be afraid of and that God is bigger than that fear. So far that isn't working any better than the night light, but we are working on it.

So, last night Adam had to work late and Aidan and I decided to have a "camp out" in the living room. We made a big pallet and got tons of blankets and pillows and such and all slept on the living room floor. So, we had turned off all the lights and got settled. Aralyn was nursing, so I couldn't get up when Alora asked for her cup of water, which she had left at the other end of the house in her bedroom. The whole house was dark, but I figured, we could turn on some lights to get rid of any fear Aidan might have, so I asked him if he could go get Alora's cup out of her room for me. I could hear the fear in his voice as he starts to answer me, and then he calmly says, "Can we just talk about that tomorrow?"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer