Friday, March 17, 2006
Correction....
My mother called me today to tell me that my grandfather was on a destroyer, not a submarine. I was wrong in my earlier post about him.

My sister is home for spring break and was reading my blog, or checking for pictures, or something like that and had my mom read my blog. I don't really know why, I will have to ask her what caught her attention and made her want my mom to read. All I know is that my mother said it was inaccurate and she wanted to correct me.

I find it a little odd to have my mom read my blog. I don't know why, as there isn't much that I would write here that I wouldn't tell her in person, or at least on the phone. Actually, there probably isn't much here that I haven't told my mom. I talk to her a lot! We are pretty close...I think we mostly enjoy each other's company and talking with one another. I am not naive enough to think that we always do! I had only spoken to my mother about 3 times today and then got a random call telling me to fix my blog. I just thought it was a bit odd.
-----------------

Aidan has a birthday party tomorrow. It is a little boy that we have known, well, since before he was. he will be five...making him and Aidan the same age for about 6 months. They are really good friends and Aidan is super excited to be going to his party.

Funny thing about them...

A few weeks ago we spent the afternoon with his family. They were playing and his friend wanted Aidan to watch one of his videos. It happened to be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles one. Aidan had never seen them before, and the father's had a good sit down talking about them and reminiscing.

So, today, Aidan was up at Adam's office playing on the computer while the girls and I ran some errands. He loves to do this...it is his special treat for behaving and being the older brother and all. Plus, he is old enough to just sit there and play and stay out of the way and relatively quiet...which Alora won't do. (Alora gets to be "Momma's big helper".) Aidan has been playing Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 lately on Console Classix. Somehow he ran across the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game. He thought that it was too cool, since he sort of knew about it from being at his friend's house. But he insists on calling them Action Turtles, "cause that is what [my friend] calls them, and he knows."
--------------

My mother has curly hair. It is kind of crazy and hard to manage sometimes, and so she has all these "products" to use on it. Some of them tame it, some straighten it, some curl it up more, some make the curls definite, some just help with frizz. Every time she finds one that she thinks that Alora or I could use, she will buy us one, or tell us about it so that I can go find some to try out. When we are up there visiting she will put product on Alora's hair after baths and fix it for her. And Alora will watch her fix her own hair. It is so sweet.

A few days ago, I was putting some product in Alora's hair because I knew that the humidity and the heat that we have had lately was going to be a bad combination for her hair. I was running it through her hair when she tells me "Not like that, you have to do it like MeMe does it....like this" and then she put her little hands up in her curls and scrunched her hair like a true little diva! It is all the more funny because it is just one more way in which she is so much like my mom!
-----------------

I decided to get Alora a doll house for her birthday. I am so excited for her to open it and all. She is really into them and loves to play with them when we are at a store that carries them. She loves to look at little tiny things and set them all in order, so I think a little doll house will be just right for her. This particular one has animal families, instead of human ones. She loves animals and the hardest part for me, was to decide what family of animals to get for her. Hopefully the one that I picked will be fine. I know she will love it!
-----------------

We were able to visit with our old congregation for the first week in the new building. It was nice to be there, but a little odd to feel, "not at home". We were members there for about 4 years before we left and then shortly after that the old building was gone and the new one started. A year later the building is finished and mostly moved into and we can have playgroup there, but it just doesn't feel like home. I don't know if I would feel the same if we had never left and were experiencing it from a different perspective...probably so, but I don't think it would be this strong. Hopefully that will diminish or at least lessen as time goes on.

It was nice to be there that night and sing some songs with some friends of ours. Adam and I don't get the opportunity to sing lots of songs that we love where we are attending right now. With just 15 people or so, and 3 of them our children, and Adam's parents being the closest people to our age, the song selection is usually kept to "oldies but goodies" or "moldy oldies" which ever you call them, and easy on the melody. Anything with a tenor or Alto lead is kind of weak. It was good to just spend the time with everyone and act a little silly and all. We miss that where we are and cherish all the times when we get to do it lately.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer