Thursday, March 16, 2006
The worst-best buy!
I was at the mall back about a year ago when I was pregnant with Aralyn. I was big and uncomfortable and just not feeling well. I had been on my feet all day and they were aching. I remember that day well for some reason.

I remember that we had just eaten at the Piccadilly and were walking around the mall and I spotted a shoe store and there was a big sale sign in the window. I have this dream that I will find a cute pair of white shoes (dress or sandals) one day. So far it hasn't come true. This particular day, I thought, was the end of my dream for these shoes that I am not sure exists in reality.

The store is full of brightly colored shoes all the time. You know that there is some beautiful black woman that has just the outfit and figure and confidence to pull off the lime green stillettos or the high-heeled converse in shocking orange or purple....But I am not her!

There was a cute little pair of flats that I saw in a tan color and I asked Adam if he minded me running in real quick to see if they had them in my size since it looked like they had a $10 sale sign in front of them. There weren't any in my size in the tan, but just beside them was a white pair in my usual size of 7.5. I tried them on and they were a bit tight, which I blamed on my pregnant feet that were walked on all day...even though I hadn't really thought that my feet looked swollen that day. It was one of those impulse things...they were cute, on sale and it was the last pair...I had to take them home, right....right?

I don't know if my shoe size has gone up for good, since I can still wear my 7.5s that are in my closet, but the last 3 pair of shoes I have bought have been an 8. Well, those shoes went to church one day...and then they were put in the back of the closet with all the other shoes that hurt my feet too much. Good-bye dream of white shoes. At least this pair was only $10.

So, I was going through my closet recently and making a huge box for the Good-Will. I had lots of shoes in hardly worn condition, but thought what a waste for this pair. I decided to look them up on eBay to see if the brand was anything special. There were tons of these shoes on there, and all selling for lots of money...for used shoes that is. I thought, well, I will list them on eBay...some money is better than none. All the others were a high heel or a bright color or metallic or just different from the one that I had. So, I started it at .99 with $8 shipping to make sure I made enough to cover my fees and all.

Well, they got a bid almost right away. The last two days have been a bidding frenzy (at least as much of one as my things causes anyway.) 7 days and 7 bids later they sold for a little more than $17. I have made up the money for that bad buy!

If only Adam and I could have figured out a way to do that with a certain dog that we had once! LOL


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer