Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Happy Valentine's Day to you!
This has been a pretty crappy one, actually.

But first, other stuff.

Our church decided to have a waffle lunch on Sunday afternoon, right after services. We were all looking forward to it and planned to bring all the fixins to go with my mother-in-law's homemade waffles. YUM! We also decided to have a devotional on Sunday afternoon right after we had lunch, and then cancel our evening services. That meant that our Sunday night was "free" and we could attend a covered dish dinner at the congregation that we used to attend.

So, Friday evening I was talking with a friend who attends said congregation and just happens to be the mother of Aidan's best friend. I had mentioned that we were going to be in their town on Saturday and then would try to make it back for the covered dish on Sunday evening. So, she offered to let Aidan spend the night. We have been meaning to plan a sleep over for the boys, but just hadn't had the timing work out yet. So this was perfect.

Saturday morning, we packed Aidan's bag for his sleepover and got ready for a busy day. Since Adam had the day off, we planned a trip to the theatre to see Curious George. Before the movie we stopped at Piccadilly and had lunch. All four of us (and Aralyn too, but she hate off of my plate) ate for about $16. You just can't beat the kids meals there for just $.99. Alora ate better than anyone at the table!

Off to the movies and popcorn and coke and candy! YUM! Alora ate more popcorn than I did. She loves it! Aidan hardly ate anything at the movie, but I think he was just so full from lunch and excited about his sleepover.

So, then we headed over to drop Aidan off at his friend's house. We also had dinner plans with his family so we stuck around a bit and had a good time. Alora ate really well at dinner and so did Aidan...he ate every thing on his "silver five" plate at Ihop, plus 3 extra pancakes and some extra bacon!

Alora was broken-hearted about leaving Aidan. She said, "We just can't leave Aidan, we can't leave him." I was trying to calm her down, when Aidan comes over and whispers in my ear, "Family means nobody gets left behind." (Thank you so much Disney for all your help in such situations!) He really wasn't upset about leaving, but upset because Alora was upset. Alora got to sleep in our room for the night and woke up feeling poorly.

She hardly ate anything for breakfast...just one little bite of a pop tart. Didn't drink any of her chocolate milk or apple juice (cup at church). During class time, she sat in my lap the whole time and right before worship, she decided that she wanted to lay down in the crib in the nursery. Before we had even started to sing she was fast asleep. I actually got to hear all of Adam's sermon!

For lunch we had the best waffles! They were so light and fluffy and all the other things were great too...fruit, potato dices and sausage and eggs. Yummy!

Alora ate nothing...she just got up and then went back to the nursery. At the time, we just thought she was still upset about her brother not being with us. She did seem to perk up when we told her that we were going to head toward our friend's home to pick him up.

Aidan had had a great time. He got to see a few of his other friends at church that morning and loved spending the extra time with his best friend.

That afternoon Alora had some diarrhea. It wasn't terrible, and she didn't seem to be feeling poorly. That night she had some more...still not feeling poorly, I guess by then though, I was remembering a time on Saturday when she had told me that her tummy hurt. I didn't think any thing of it at the time, but I was putting 2 and 2 together by then.

I don't really know how much she ate at the covered dish, because she was sitting at another table. I didn't get her much on her plate, and I sort of recall that her plate was pretty clear when she asked for a cupcake, which she ate. So, I thought she was getting over it.

Monday morning she ate half of her breakfast. At lunch she only ate about 1/8 of a cup of cottage cheese. I couldn't get her to drink much at all. She had a few more bouts of diarrhea. Still, she seemed to be feeling ok...not droopy or tired or weak or feverish or anything like that.

Today, she is feeling poorly. She ate her breakfast, and about 3 pm, she had some pasta that I had made for her. Her liquid intake is better, but not great. I tried to give her some Kaopectate this morning, but she threw up..not sure if it was gagging or, if this is another part of her sickness. She just woke up from a pretty good nap...during which her temperature was pretty close to 101.

I have just felt so badly for her. I am having to cuddle with her a lot, which leaves Aralyn upset and having to cry a lot longer than I would normally let her. Lunch was a big mess! I finally called Adam home to help me out for a bit, so that I could run some errands without all the kids...and especially without having to get Alora out.

I am hoping that today is the last of this little bug. If not, I will probably be making an appointment to the doctor to see if she is alright. I know that normally these things run their course and there isn't much they can do for us, but I hate for her to get dehydrated or something like that. Thankfully she has been drinking lots of water (well, not lots, but several ounces today.)

I am glad for the wonderful weekend that we had, but sorry that it has led to a sick Alora. I pray that she is better soon and that we can get back to our normal routine. And, I am super thankful, that no one else is sick!

Dear Lord, take care of Alora and help to soothe her. Help our family to be understanding of her and be patient with each other in this time of stress. Thank you for my husband, who would leave his job to come home for a few hours to ease my strain. Thank you that he has the ability to do so. I love you! Amen.


3 Comments:

Blogger Jacinda said...

I'm glad the boys had such a great time. I know Gracie & LA have enjoyed their sleepover time. It is truly special!

I hope Alora feels better soon and nobody else gets it!

Blogger Deana Nall said...

Hey -- I was looking through your blog and saw that you were born in Hobbs, N.M. I was, too! In 1971. We also lived in Lovington twice. Maybe we crossed paths at some point?

Blogger Deana Nall said...

Nice to hear from you. I have a ton of Hobbs connections, too -- I also think it's weird that so many people are from there. We were actually living in Lovington when I was born but Lovington didn't have a hospital at the time. We moved to Hobbs when my dad got the youth minister job at Taylor St. Church of Christ. We moved to southeast TX when I was 11.

Oh -- there was a bank on the street where the old mall is. Next to the bank was a hospital and that's where I was born. Last I heard it had become a nursing home. I always figured I could go back and die there someday. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer