Monday, January 30, 2006
Business dealings!
Well, maybe that is a bit much.

I don't suppose that it is really business to sell a few things on Ebay. But, I am excited about it and hoping to get some more things listed soon. It is fun to watch the items and hope that I get more and more bids! I had only ever bought about 6 items from Ebay in the past. I was mostly happy with the purchases...only one thing wasn't quite in the shape that I thought it would be in, but it wasn't enough to complain and try to get my money back, so I let it slide.

So, I recently listed some cloth diapers that I have had and am not using. Some of them are "the" diapers to have and sell, so they are doing pretty well so far. I am excited, as, they have mostly just been sitting in a rubbermaid container...actually 2, and I figured I needed to get rid of them, but didn't know if they would do well on Ebay. Well, they are doing well, and I am so excited. Thanks to Jacinda for helping "push" me to go ahead and do it through all her Ebay success. I have lots more to list, and don't know if I will enjoy lugging all these things to the post office to mail them, but I think I will enjoy it when the money starts rolling in (ok, so maybe that is a bit dramatic...it probably will be more like a trickle, but hey, it's money!)

-------------------------
Saturday we had some friends come over. It was a bit chilly and just a little windy, so we were having the kids put on some jackets and hats so that they could go outside to play. Alora was so excited to get to dig some more holes and play in the dirt in front of the house! That is her favorite thing. I think she really needs a sand box for her birthday.

So, I was putting a little fleece hoodie on her and kept the hood up for her to go out to play. She starts telling me "I don't want the hood. I don't! I don't! I don't! I don't!" I have been working with her and trying to talk calmly and rationally with her in order to curb some of her yelling and frustration. She is doing much better and is throwing fits and yelling a lot less frequently. I just have to answer her yells with a calm voice...sometimes saying "Let's not yell at each other, it isn't nice to yell at each other, we will talk nicely to one another." I think it helps her for me to own up the fact that I do yell at her too and that we are both going to talk rationally. Anyway, she is "I don't! I don't! I don't!" yelling at me (maybe not a yell, but certainly not a calm voice or tone) and I just told her calmly, "If you go outside you have to have your hood on." She immediately says...same tone and voice "I DO!" and turned with her hood up to head outside. Our friend, Adam and I all just laughed and laughed at her. It was so funny. And I was so proud of her for "deciding" to not throw a fit about it. She is really doing so much better!

----------------------
I am debating cutting Alora's hair a bit. I know that she is young and all, but her hair is really really long. It doesn't look like it is since the curly makes it come up above her shoulders, but it is almost to her waist! I think the combination of the curl and the length make it tangle terribly, so I have been thinking of cutting a few inches off to keep it from tangling so much. I think it also might help to even out some of the lengths she has going on, since she is not quite 3 and there is a lot of new growth that is shorter. If I decide to go ahead, I promise to post before and afters!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer