Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Go Aralyn Go!
She is finally crawling...and by crawling, I mean up on all fours and going forward. I have to distinguish, because for the longest time, she just sort of sat and moved her legs and she would cruise around the room. Not quite sure how to explain it, but she would just push one leg behind her (you know those babies and their amazing flexibility) and then she would push with that foot from behind and then swing it back to the front and she would have moved about 4 inches. It was slow and painful...well, not really painful, it just looked like it was.

Well, then she moved to getting on all fours, but she would just go backwards. If she wanted something that was near to her, she would get on her belly from a sitting position and then walk her hands forward and lay on her belly. If she couldn't reach it...meaning it wasn't within 12 inches from her, then she couldn't get it and the yelling would begin. She would be so upset that said item wouldn't be caught. She just didn't realize/didn't have the power to move her legs and go forward.

Well! We have finally figured out how to move forward. Just this morning she crawled to get a clothes pin and had to go forward just a little ways. She was happy to have the clothes pin, but I don't really think she understands the freedom that she has just found. She still won't try to get anything that isn't fairly close to her.

It is so sweet to see these new skills and how she figures all this out. I know from my first 2 children, that this time will fly past us and be only sweet memories before I can capture them all.

God, thank you for these sweet times. I know that they will pass and I just hope that I can cherish them while they last and hold the memories in my heart for the rest of my life. Thank you for the blessing of motherhood.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer