Wednesday, February 08, 2006
Unanswered Prayers.
I know that probably everyone has heard that song by Garth Brooks. It is a pretty song, but there has always been something that bothered me about it.

I guess it is that I don't believe there is such a thing as an unanswered prayer. I think God hears them all, and answers as He sees fit. I think there are times when He says "no" or "wait" or "not that, but this"...or other such answers. Just because He doesn't give us what we want when we want it, doesn't mean He didn't answer.

I think it is one of those things where if we don't get our way we think the worst of God. He doesn't love us, He didn't hear us, He doesn't care, He didn't answer. I think that if we look at the times that we have asked God for something in the past it would help us.

I know when I was 14 or 15 I asked God to help me find a way to marry a certain guy....let's call him "George". I remember that my parent's didn't like him, and there were lots of other problems with the relationship. It was like the "world was trying to keep us apart" and I would pray for that to go away so that I could live happily ever after. Well, one summer I went off to bible camp like usual and I was convicted in my heart. Convicted to let go of the relationship, stop hiding, tell my mom about the relationship and have the courage to let go of the guy. I prayed with one of the counselors and talked with him for hours about what I needed to do. I knew already, but it helped to have someone to whom I was accountable.

The main conversation that I had with the counselor took place the night before I really "met" Adam. We had been introduced before, but never really "knew" each other. When I got home from camp, I talked with my mom and came clean, I broke it off with George, and felt better than I had in a LONG time. Shortly after that, Adam and I were dating and in love and planning our lives together. It was so magical.

I know that at the time I thought God wasn't listening to me, wasn't doing what I wanted Him to do. I know that there were times that I was mad at God for not making my life what I wanted it to be.

I know now that God answered my prayers during that time. He answered with the best answer. He told me He loved me and He had better plans for me. He had a wonderful Godly man waiting for me and He was preparing us both for our lives together. He answered "No" to my prayer, but "YES" to loving me and blessing me!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer