Wednesday, February 22, 2006
It's a shortcut.
Last night I decided to cut Alora's hair. It is fairly long, but curls up to just below her shoulders. I knew that cutting it would probably make it more curly, but decided to do so anyway. It has been really tangly and I just wanted something a little simpler for now. So, I cut it all the same length, to be even with the front. It curls up to just under her ears and is SOOOO cute. I will post pictures tomorrow hopefully.

She loves her haircut, and asked this morning, "Can I have another shortcut?"

----------------

Aralyn is standing on her own now. She has been doing so for about a week now. She started off just pulling up beside the couch and would stand there and balance and then let go of the couch. When she would, she would start to laugh and giggle. It was so funny. She was so proud of herself. Now, she can pull up on just about anything...even just a wipes box on the floor and she can stand up. I keep waiting for her to take her first steps. With the other two kids, they didn't walk until a year old, so this early walking is new to me. I fear it, since there is still so much cause and effect that she doesn't understand and so many words and commands that she doesn't understand. For instance, if I tell her to sit down or stop, she doesn't understand me, so it will probably be tricky for a while. I got a shot of her yesterday standing up that I will post tomorrow too.

---------------

I will be heading up to Asheville soon. Just me and 3 kids...so not looking forward to the trip.

My father just recently went out west to pick up my grandparents for a visit here. My grandmother didn't want to fly to NC from NM, since she is worried about her oxygen tank and all, and my grandfather can't really drive that far on his own any more. So, my father was available and went to get them. They rode home through some terrible ice and rain in the Fort Worth, Dallas area and Shreveport. They had a slow trip home, but made it safe and sound. I will probably head up there this weekend. I have only seen my grandmother for about 1 week since I got married. She moved back to NM shortly before I got married, and only 2 summers ago were we able to make a trip out there. I miss her, and worry about her, her health is poor. I also worry about my grandfather, since he is in the early stages of Alzheimer's. It is a terrible disease and one that makes me sad for my family and the man that we will loose a memory at a time. It makes me sad for him too, as it has to be most hard on him. It will be great to see them and of course to spend some time with my family.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer