Monday, March 20, 2006
Count your blessings
Friday, when I went to the dollar tree to buy some little princess dolls, I realized that I didn't have my license. I had taken it out on Wednesday morning for Adam and when he returned it to me, I couldn't' remember what I had done with it. I called a place that I had been on Wednesday to leave my name and number hoping that they may have found it, and then did a thorough search of the van to see if it might be there. No luck!

Saturday, Aidan had a birthday party at his "best friend's" house. He was so excited and had the best time. He ended up with a bit of a sunburn on his cheeks and nose, so I guess it is time to put the sunscreen in the diaper bag and remember to put it on for times when he is exposed. I am probably a bit of sunscreen freak...But skin cancer runs in my family and we are all very fair, so I try to be diligent about it.

Saturday we were able to drop by the new church building since they were having a work day. Installation of some shelving and furniture and things of that nature were going on. It was nice to see some of our friends and spend some time with them helping out just a little bit too. We were able to stay long enough to sit in on the leadership lecture given by a guest speaker that afternoon. He and his wife came and it was wonderful to talk to each of them and be encouraged. She was especially encouraging to me as a wife of a man in the ministry. She was helpful and so warm and friendly. Hearing that everything will work out, and to keep going and trying and looking was so nice.

Saturday night we had dinner plans with Adam's parents and his brother and his wife. It was nice to see them, as we don't see them very much. Dinner was of course yummy...Always is when my mother-in-law cooks out over the fire in her little fire pit in the backyard.

On the way over to their house I dropped out cell phone in a cup of pink lemonade that I stole from Aidan's party. It didn't like it much and died...Well, mostly dead, acting funny and making no sound.

Sunday we had a slim crowd at church. It was just our family, Adam's parents and the lady who teaches Aidan's and Alora's bible class. For worship we had a couple who lives in Florida and has a home near here, come to visit with us. They have visited a few times while we have been at this church and they are warm and personable. It was nice to have them with us on a day when our numbers were low.

An odd thing happened after the sermon. A man came walking up the aisle and shook my father-in-law's hand before the final song and then placed some money in the collection plate. He then turned and walked out. He wasn't there very long at all and had driven off before any one could follow him. I have thought about him a lot and hope that all is well with him.

Sunday night Aralyn started to take her first steps. She is so precise about it and will lift one foot and gently set it down and then transfer her weight to the other side and step with that foot. She is very slow and purposeful. Aidan and Alora were both very different when they first started walking. They would barely have their balance before their little feet would stumble forward. Aralyn is much more diligent about it.

Alora did great with her potty training all weekend. No accidents and telling us when she needed to go. It was great. Today we have had some set backs, but hopefully we are back on track now. I am so proud of her and she is very proud of being a "big girl" and wearing panties now. Yahoo!

I had a message on my machine from one of the places that I had been on Wednesday. They had my license and will mail it to me. Adam was able to take the phone into the office today and with some contact cleaner, it is now making sounds and able to make a call! Yay!

Lord help us as we embark on new adventures with Alora using the potty and Aralyn taking steps. This new independence will be hard and joyous all at the same time. Help us as a family to make it a happy time. Help me with Alora to make the right decisions in how I choose to lead her and guide her in disciplinary areas. It can be hard to know what is the right thing to do in her case. She has a strong will, which will be great if harnessed in a healthy way, and I ask for guidance in knowing the right way to steer her.

Thank you for the opportunity to meet the guest speaker and his wife. They were truly a blessing to us, and we were encouraged in many ways. Thank you for all the kind words and encouragement that they shared with us.

Be with the gentleman that came to place his money in the plate on Sunday. It was touching. Be with him and keep him safe.

Thank you for the little things, like my license and our cell phone. You truly are full of blessings for us...Both little ones and big. Thank you.


1 Comments:

Blogger Jacinda said...

Very interesting about the old man....kind of gives me chills thinking about it, thinking about *who* it could have been.....

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer