Friday, September 21, 2007
A quiet weekend?
It's sort of funny to me how things work out sometimes. I can remember talking with my girlfriends about wishing that my family sat down for meals more and all ate at the table instead of doing the TV tray thing in the living room so much, or that I always "made" dinner, instead of eating out or getting something take out. Well, I certainly do that now. There are almost no meals that we don't cook and we always eat at the table. 13 TV trays wouldn't exactly work, and I would hate to see the mess anyway! On Friday nights we try to get pizza from Little Caesar's, as we can get enough pizza for all of us for about $25 and, I am not so sure some of my meals don't exceed that amount.

I also remember thinking how nice it would be to have Adam home more. And, here we are, with him home all the time, unless he is running to get a pick-up or something of that sort. I think it has been good for us, and we are actually fighting less. You know, those meaningless arguments that you are so angry about, but you can't quite remember what they were about the next day. And you might not even know what they are about while you are having them. They still happen, but, I think because we have to support each other so much and be there for each other, they happen a lot less. It is nice to know that we work so well as a team and that we aren't getting upset with each other much with the stress of the job.

Our house is full for the first time since we got here. It is kind of crazy to think of a house of 13 people. I will have to get used to counting to 13 instead of 12. Our new boy has been really quiet so far, so I am not quite sure how he is going to fit into the mix. There is a bit (or a lot) of a pecking order for the boys. The top and the bottom are pretty firmly in place, but the middle mixes up a bit. I have a feeling the new boy will be somewhere near the top...especially if he remains somewhat quiet.

We were able to run up to Hendersonville last night to meet my parents at Binion's Roadhouse. We all got steak except the kids, and it was so good. I don't always order steak at place like that but every once in a while I do. I love some steak when I am in the mood and when it is good steak it is so nice! Aidan got his birthday present from my parents and it was a hit. It was more cars, not that he needs more, but he loves them. She had gotten him some corvettes from Poppa and some mustangs from Mimi. There is also a race track thing too...he loves it and so do Alora and Aralyn. Aralyn was putting a car at the top and when it would fly down the track and around the loop-the-loop, she would yell, "Yay! I win! I win!" It was so cute. He was so sweet in letting them use his new toy right out of the box! Several of the boys in the house think it is pretty cool too. I think they will all want their turn.

This weekend some of the boys are heading home for visits. Should be a fairly quiet time, with just our 3 and 3 of them. I know that we have to be at the auction on Saturday night, so that should fill up the weekend, if we come up with something to do early on Saturday.

I do know that I need to get started on our weekend paper work. There really isn't too much of it, but there is a new boy, so I have to add a file for him on the computer and it will take that much longer to do with one more set of paperwork to get done.

Things are going pretty well...just super busy and never a break from it.


1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Isn't it amazing how the Lord provides you with something that doesn't seem right at the time, but is EXACTLY what you needed in the long run. When Jeremy worked at BFSC we had tons of money, yet we were miserable. Now we "live poor" as we like to call it, but we are SO much happier! May God continue to bless you and your family through this remarkable adventure.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer