Friday, January 11, 2008
Take 2
We might have a little actor/singer on our hands. The church is having auditions for the children's musical that they will be performing in the spring/early summer. Aidan is very interested in getting a part and trying out for the musical. I am excited for him. He is listening to his little booklet of songs and dialogue and getting really into the music. I think both Adam and I who both did musical things in school are proud to see him get into the love of music.

I just ordered Aidan's 2nd grade materials and Alora's kindergarten. I wanted to wait until fall to start Alora, but she is really persistent with me. I may try to get some worksheets and things for her to do everyday for now and start her in the fall with her curriculum. The main reason to do that is so that the days for keeping up with a year of school are a bit easier to work out evenly. She is really excited about starting and wants to look through all her things now.

Aidan is doing really well with the end of first grade. We are into a final review/testing period and he is breezing through it. I have ordered 2 kinds of science for this coming year and we are going to see if the new one is going to work for us. He really loves stars and space and so I got a full year unit study on creation from an Astronomy base. I have heard really great things about it and it seems like it will be perfect for Aidan. The girls will probably get to participate too and I think they will enjoy it as well.

Adam and I are really looking for to having our time off this month. Last month we stayed here and got some things done without having the boys to worry about during the day. It was good to do that, but we were still here and had to deal with a few issues anyway. The month before we drove to Alabama and while we enjoyed going down and seeing Adam's grandparents, we really didn't get to relax. This time I think we are going up to North Carolina and spending some time with my parents and to the lake to see my grandparents too. I know that that will bring us a bit of relaxation and rest that we haven't had for a while.

Aralyn and Aidan are feeling poorly today. Hopefully this last bout of throwing up and tummy issues of one kind and another is the last of the virus going around this house. Poor Aralyn feels really bad today.


1 Comments:

Blogger Jacinda said...

I can just see Aidan on stage! Seems to fit him. I've mentioned to Gracie that she could be in a play (we saw "The Music Man" a few months ago at USCA) but she hasn't really grabbed onto that. I think she'd like it but her nerves are there. She did great with her violin recital though so we'll see!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer