Wednesday, March 05, 2008
Are you happy?
Aralyn has not been sleeping well the past little while. Not that I am surprised. She and Alora have been wanting to sleep together lately, and Alora's legs aren't the most comfortable thing to have thrown over your body!

In the middle of the night Aralyn will grab how ever many toys she happened to go to bed with, sometimes it is one stuffed toy, sometimes a whole arm full, plus her sippy cup of water and come traipsing into our room to crawl up in bed with us. We are too tired to take her back to bed and lay beside her to make sure she drifts back to sleep without ending up sleeping with her as well, so we just let her cuddle in the bed with us. The other day after having slept the last few hours of the morning in bed with us, she woke without opening her eyes and smiled and said, "I am so happy!" It was the sweetest thing! To be followed up with, "Are you happy, Momma?" and crawling up on me to look in my face and wait for the answer. Oh course, I answered, "Yes!"

********************

We went to Winterfest a few weeks ago and it was so great! We left our 3 with the grandparents to make it easier to travel and to walk around and keep up with our kids. It was great to be there with the youth group from church because we haven't had a good opportunity to get to know them all well yet. There are still some that I am not quite sure of names, but some of them I do know now and that is helpful. One of the drawbacks of having a large church is learning every one's names.

I had never been to Winterfest before and I must admit that it was a bit overwhelming taking in the massive number of people there! It was crazy. I am sure that there were tons of people there that we knew, but with over 13,000 people in one town and two different times for the talks and such, there was no way of seeing everyone. We did run into a couple of people that we knew, and it was good to see them. Some we hadn't seen since before we had children! Crazy huh?

We had one of our boys get baptized after we returned home and two girls too! It was great to have them get baptized and for the youth group to share that with them when we returned to the building.

*************************

I have been asked to be the assistant teacher for Alora's bible class on Wed. night. I am not sure how I feel about teaching her class, as she can be a bit clingy, and sometimes it is best to just let them be on their own. However, it is affording me the opportunity to get to know the kids in her class and to get to know some of the parents. I have a hard time placing the kids with their parents, since the kids under kindergarten age can (but don't have to) stay in class during worship. Most of the parent's and their children choose to stay in the class and so if you don't see them dropping off or picking up their children, you don't know who belongs to whom. It is a bit confusing. I also have a hard time matching up most of the couples. There are numerous bible classes to choose from on Sunday morning and the one we attend is only about 30 people or so. Wed. night there was a lady's class and so I recognize most of the women from that, but don't know who their families are. It has been a long time since I have been in a church where I didn't know the ins and outs, the families (both extended and immediate), the pasts. People will mention things sometimes, and it is just church history that we don't know. Hopefully after a while it will start to all come together. It is exciting to learn about new people and seek the friendship of new people.

*************************

We are heading "home" for our time off this month. It will be nice to attend church with our friends, go to an Easter Egg Hunt, a birthday party, have some time with family, spend some time alone, spend some time just Adam and me, and all in all, just rest and relax! I am looking forward to it!

****


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer