Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Home sweet mess
Well, it isn’t exactly what you would call my dream home…

There is this little town that I drive through sometimes on my way to playgroup. I usually drive through there when I am almost out of gas, since I drive right past a station or when traffic is really heavy, like when I am leaving playgroup and schools are getting out and everyone and their dog is going to pick someone up from the 200 different schools there.

There is this run down house on the side of the road. One of those that you drive past and think all sorts of things. Why wouldn’t some one take care of that house? All it really needs is a good coat of paint and about $500,000 in repairs and renovations on the inside. Wow, wouldn’t it be great to see what that house looked like in it’s prime? Why would someone move out of that house and then just leave it sitting there to rot and not try to at least sell the land or something like that. Usually you can at least sell old windows and doors and wood flooring if nothing else.

Well, this is one of those houses. Not in the best neighborhood, not in the best shape…although you can tell it was once a great house in a great little town. It is for sale, I finally saw a sign up in the front of it...couldn't be asking much, but it really needs some work. It is my hope that someone will buy it and not just rip it down, but love it and restore it to its former glory. It wouldn’t be me to do that, cause I know what kind of work…and money that takes and it is better left to someone else, with a fatter wallet than me!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer