Monday, April 28, 2008
He said, she said



Adam asking about a friend of Aralyn's: "When will she be 3?"

Alora: "On her birthday!"

***************

While waking Arlayn for church on Sunday morning: "Aralyn, time to wake up and go to bible class."

Aralyn : "Bible class?! YES!" (with fists in the air)

*********************

Aidan "We work at a children's home...well, actually, my parents do most of the work, we just help."

*********************

While crying and tears running down her face...
Aralyn "Momma, Alora said I was not happy, but I am happy!"
more tears and crying

*********************

Alora, while crying because her hair was tangled and I was trying to get her hair fixed: "Aralyn, you have hair that is always fixed and I don't, so your hair never hurts, but mine does."

*********************

After Aidan's school work today, I wanted him to read. I asked him to read one chapter of a new book from the library. He fussed and said: "Ah, man, I wanted to finish reading in my bible in Matthew where I left off."
(In order to keep him from his relationship with the Word, I conceded and let him read his bible instead.) :-)

**********************

While Aidan was reading his bible the girls went to see if he would read aloud to them. They sat for a few minutes while he read aloud and then went on to other things. He came to me with his bible: "Momma, the girls are good girls, but they could be better girls, but they won't learn to be better girls if they don't read the bible. I was trying to read to them but they won't stay and read, so I don't know if they will be better girls, but I think they should."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer