Tuesday, August 16, 2005
I hate potty training!

"Ok!", in the sweetest little voice with the best little remorseful look on her face. That is what Alora says every time we tell her that next time she needs to pee on the potty...this is after she has peed on the floor yet again. It is really getting old and I am beginning to wonder if she even knows what "ok" means!

I told Aralyn today that she will be wearing diapers forever...it is my own way of saving our carpet! I think our house should smell like pee by now...we clean it up each time, but it just seems like some might have been missed somewhere. Like one time last week when I knew Alora had peed somewhere cause she had stripped all her clothing off. When I asked her where, she said that she peed on the floor...well, duh, right? So, I had her show me where, she had covered the spot with some puzzle pieces, I guess to hide the fact?

We have a big rubbermaid box full of balls...the kind that you put in the little inflatable ball pits you can find at Wal-mart or Target. Today, she took her panties off to take a "bubble bath" and then peed in the box! At least it wasn't the carpet this time and I can just dump them in the bath tub with the box and clean them all! Uggh! Will it ever end?

It is days like this that make me wonder if 3 kids is just 3 kids too many! Really I love them all and I know that this too will pass. Days like today I am still glad for, even though the laundry is still not caught up, Aralyn wouldn't sleep or eat well today, and Aidan wasn't as well behaved as he could have been either.

Today was a good day...all because Aidan and Alora both told me more than once that they loved me and Aralyn smiled at me and "talked" to me. I got to tell them all that I love them too! That is about all that I accomplished today, but it was well worth it! Thank you God for my children! I love them...even on days like today!


1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I'm not sure if this would work for you but we rewarded the girls with gummy lifesavers each time they successfully used the potty. Perhaps if you rewarded Aidan a few times Alora would get the idea. Libby is now completely trained and only wets her bed maybe once every two weeks. Abigail on the other hand has accidents on a daily basis. I've started putting a "baby diaper" on her whenever she has an accident. She hates that and immediately removes it and puts on a pair of "big girl panties". I try to ask her often, mainly just to remind her of where she needs to go when she has to go.

Potty training is just no fun.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer