Friday, August 12, 2005
It's back!
The day that Adam and I got married was a glorious day. Full of joy and happiness and some stupidity on our parts...only b/c we didn't know what to expect from a wedding, seeing as how we had never done it before.

I got married the day after my graduation from high school. This was probably the first thing that we could have done differently. We were up late that night with visiting and spending time with friends and family that were there for both the wedding and the graduation. I think that we should have thought about how tired we were both going to be on the actual day of the wedding.

We got married at the camp that we met at and there are some waterfalls very close. Second thing that maybe wasn't the smartest thing, but not something that I regret...was hiking. Yes, the morning of the wedding (which was set for 3 pm) we met some other friends and all went for a hike up to a waterfall. Adam, a friend of his, and I all decided to go on up to the top of the falls, but the trail had been moved, so we went "trail-less" through the woods up to the top. It was a beautiful site and very memorable, but took us a lot longer to get up and back down than we really had time for.

Seeing as how the wedding took place on a Sunday, we had to get back down the mountain in time for worship service, which we planned to have while there. This was a very special service and one that stands out as one of the best worship services, especially the communion, that I have ever experienced. My mother-in-law (future at the time) made some small loaves of unleavened bread and we had cups (dixie cup size) of grape juice. The communion portion of the service was a "go up to the table as you feel it" style, so couples would go up together, or just individuals to partake. It was just a wonderful time to reflect on the awesome love of Christ.

Getting ready for the wedding was a mad dash. People were running late, it was hot and humid weather. I remember that I took a shower and after I toweled off, I was sweating so fast that it seemed I hadn't dried off at all. I was finally able to get dried by people fanning me and opening the door to the bath-house to vent some air. Later in the day, or earlier in the day might have been a better idea for such a hot time of year.

So, after the ceremony, which required walking around the lake to the dock where the wedding took place there was a small reception, that all our guests went right to, as Adam and I detoured to take pictures. This was a great time to spend just the two of us (and the photographer). It was a fun time, and full of laughs and such. Only thing was, it was starting to get later and later by the time we finished. We still needed to sign the papers, cut the cake, greet our guests and try to get on the road as soon as we could to make it to our hotel. We had a nearly 4 hour drive ahead of us...another thing would should have thought of, the first night a little closer to where we were married.

We weren't able to leave the camp until close to 6 pm! We were exhausted. And hungry too, as we had barely been able to eat some cake much less snack on the food. So, we stopped at a subway on the way to the hotel. It was a memorable thing!

That first night we were exhausted! I don't mean, just tired, I mean I think the first thing we did was lay down on the bed and take a nap...before we even got our bags in from the car...we were so tired!

2 days later I discovered a terrible rash on my legs. I would scratch and scratch and they wouldn't get any better. Come to find out I had poison oak! I got it on the hike. I had it everywhere! It covered my thighs and calves! It was painful and terrible. We had to go to the store and get some Caladryl cream and cotton balls and Adam had to help me apply it to all the places. I went through bottles of the stuff before it was gone. I was miserable for about a week or so!

Well, all that reminiscing to say....it's back! I had what I thought was 2 mosquito bites on the back of my knee 2 days ago. They just kept itching and went from "2 bites" to "6 bites", so I got suspicious of it. I took a look at it today to see what was going on. It is definitely not mosquito bites. It is spreading and is now on my other leg and the back of that knee too, as well as oozing. I have poison oak again! Fun fun fun! I got out the bottle of Caladryl and will be applying daily until it goes away. Hopefully I won't spread it more or give it to the kids. A two month old with poison oak would be no fun.

Odd thing is, I don't know how I got it. Adam thinks maybe from the lake 2 weeks ago, but I think that is a bit too long ago to have been the place, but who knows, it could have taken that long. I will just be hoping it is short lived and that the pain and irritation is not too bad.


1 Comments:

Blogger Jacinda said...

eww! Sorry about that. Hope it goes away soon!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer