Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Like a Frog in a Pot of Boiling Water
You know, they say (whoever they are) that you can boil a live frog in a pot of water. You just put him in while the pot is not hot and slowly warm it up and he won't realize how hot it is until it is too late. I don't know if that is true, but it sure seems like it.

Last night Adam realized that it was getting really cool in the house and that the air conditioner wasn't shutting off. So he went to play with the thermostat and what do you know? It is broken! Again. This is the 3rd thermostat we have had in this house...just over 5 years! Crazy, I know! The first one was the original one and we replaced it one time with a $60 model that we could program. It wasn't the nicest or the cheapest just somewhere in the middle of the price/quality ranges and so we thought it would be great. Something happened to it after about a year, and so we replaced it with the $20 model we have now. Well, I don't know what is wrong with it, but it won't turn off.

We are controlling our air conditioner by going to the breaker box and throwing the switch that controls the air! It is really frustrating. I was doing some laundry this morning and went to hang some things in Alora's closet and realized that her closet is just about the coolest room in the house. I went to turn the breaker back on and am now sitting here trying not to move to keep from sweating! I didn't even realize that I was getting so hot. It was fairly cool in the house this morning and so I guess the gradual raising of the heat was sneaking up on me. I bet it is close to 80 degrees in the house. It doesn't help that the heat index for today is supposed to be over 100 degrees! Maybe we will go out to eat for lunch today just to go somewhere that is cool enough.

I am thankful though. Last time our air conditioner acted funny and broke, it wouldn't work at all. It was impossible to be in the house after a few hours in the heat of the day in the middle of the summer. At least it works this time...only, I hate to see our electric bill since we don't think the air shut off for about 2 days! Talk about over kill! Hopefully we can get it fixed and it won't be too expensive this time...last time was a nightmare bill of close to $200. God provided then and I know He will provide for us now!

This is me trying to give the worry over to God and let Him take care of it. This is me struggling with that, as it is one of the things I have the hardest time with. May God give me the strength and the faith to let go...in this small thing and in all the BIGGER things that should be in His hands.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer