Tuesday, August 23, 2005
Sign me up!
Aidan is registered for soccer! And I checked the boxes next to "team mom" and "concessions" as things that I could do to help out! Can you see me with Alora (2) and Aralyn (2 months) in the concession stand? "Sorry, Alora just ate the last package of M&M's, would you like something else?" I am sure that I will find something useful to do, or else on nights when Adam can be there too, he can do it!

I am really not so sure what possessed me to decide that it would be fine to do soccer. I know that some of the practices are probably going to be too early for Adam to be there, at least for the beginning of them, if not the whole thing. I know that he will try to make it to games, but how am I supposed to be the "cheering mom" for Aidan, the "watching mom" for Alora, who will want to join in the fun, and the "nursing mom" for Aralyn, who will not be so happy in the hot and steamy weather, I am sure. It will be an adventure. And one I am looking forward to embarking on. I can't wait to see Aidan in his little uniform and see how excited he will be running after a ball and being on a team!

He has always loved balls. All kinds. I asked him what sport he wanted to play and he said, "Soccer, and then football and then I can learn to play baseball and softball." He is just so excited! I guess, since this is the beginning of our sports adventures, I am really looking forward to seeing if he really likes "organized" sports and not the little games he makes up in his head to play with the balls in his room and out in the yard. I guess this could just be the first of many little league teams...baseball is in the spring! I am almost as excited as he is.

Thank you God, that we have a child who is so willing to try new things. Thank you for his eager spirit and his joyfulness! Help our family as we support him in this new adventure. May we all enjoy spending time together in this new way, supporting our first born son in what he loves to do, and sharing the things that are to come.


4 Comments:

Blogger Jacinda said...

I am so proud! I'm not sure why I'm proud seeing as how he is not my son, but for some reason, I am! I can just see him in his little uniform!

Please let us know about his games and maybe we can come to some. I know how much pride I see watching Gracie go to school and how much she is changing positively and loving it. Even though change is hard, it's also good, huh Mom?!?!

Blogger Alissa said...

It is definately strange to be torn in your feelings so much at this time in their lives, huh? I think his games are supposed to be on Tuesdays or Thursdays...I will let you know, and of course I will have pictures! LOL

Blogger Rachel said...

Oh, how exciting! I would love to get Benjamin into something like that, but I'm not sure how to get started.

Blogger Alissa said...

You can look in the phone book for the rec. dept., I am not sure if it goes by county or city, so I wouldn't know if you would contact the same rec. dept. that I do. I do know that flag football sign-ups are going to be really soon...maybe Sat.? So, call and see. Or you could wait until spring and do Baseball or something like that...I don't know what sport he might like best. I will let you know if I am pleased with the experience.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer